From the Boulder County Flood Recovery Manager
As we head into Spring runoff, Boulder County would like to share preparedness information to residents of the county. Below are links to a short video and a preparedness guide.
- View the spring runoff preparedness video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVNQ9HkEOnY
- Read the Post-Flood Community Preparedness Guide: http://www.bouldercounty.org/doc/flood/preparednessguide.pdf
A complete guide on Post-Flood Community Preparedness, as well as an updated All-Hazards Preparedness Guide can be found online, at www.BoulderOEM.com.
If you observe a situation that is an imminent threat to public safety please call 911. This will activate an emergency response.
For none emergency issues related to public roads, bridges and culverts, please contact the County Transportation Maintenance Division at 303-441-3962 or use the online “Road Service Request” form at www.BoulderCounty.org/roads to let us know about problem areas and unsafe travel conditions on county roads.
Filled sandbags are available:
- NEW location on Fourmile Canyon Drive. The pullout is approximately .5 miles below the 3 mile marker and just above 2450 Fourmile Canyon Drive (down a few hundred feet from the Benjamin Open Space Trailhead).
- Boulder County Road Maintenance facility at 5201 St. Vrain Road, Longmont.
- Lefthand Fire Station at 900 Lefthand Canyon Drive (sandbags will be delivered in a week to this site)
Unfilled sandbags are available for pickup by individuals at Boulder County Road Maintenance facility, Building 5, at 5201 St. Vrain Road, from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
There’s a limit of 300 unfilled bags for each address, and residents will need to verify their Boulder County addresses with driver’s licenses when they pick them up.
For more information about sandbags, go to tinyurl.com/SandbagGuide.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have recovery questions.
Garry Sanfaçon | Flood Recovery Manager
Boulder County | Board of County Commissioners
Office: 720.564.2642 | Cell: 720.315.5371