To maintain public safety and healthy air quality, Boulder County requires that you have a burn permit for certain outdoor burn situations: burning slash piles or conducting broadcast (“prescribed”) burns.
For information and to apply for a permit, you can do any of the following:
- Use the clone of the Boulder County “Burn Permits” web page below (which functions exactly like the actual web page).
- Go directly to the Burn Permits web page.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office: Main #: 303-441-4500; Alternate #: 303-441-4444
On the Boulder County web page, pay particular attention to the following:
- “Guide to Burning”: provides detailed information on when, where, and how to burn (including a checklist); how to extinguish and mop up afterward; as well as a list of burns that do NOT require a permit.
- “Quick Guide”: a table that summarizes the details.
- “Alternatives to Burning”: to be considered before you apply for a permit and do a burn.